We strongly encourage you to visit the Gunnison County Health 和 Human Services Coronavirus Resources page for daily-updated information on local public health orders 和 guidance.
联系我们 with any questions about Western Strong—Ensuring Campus Safety preparedness for Fall 2020.
Western Strong preparedness updates: Fall 2020
Last updated: July 28, 2020
- The Fall 2020 semester will start Monday, August 17, 2020一周初
- On-campus courses will end Tuesday, November 24, 2020, before Thanksgiving Break
- Final Exams will be online from December 1 through December 4, 2020, two weeks early (they may stay in campus housing if necessary)
- 中期下跌突破 (previously, October 16, 2020) 被消除
- New Student Orientation, Move-In, 和 Wilderness Based Orientation (WBO)，因此， have revised dates earlier in August:
- The start of Fall 2020 Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (NCAA) athletics has been delayed. Athletes will now begin practice August 24; competition will begin September 18. Football, Women’s Soccer, 和 Volleyball will undertake an in-conference-only schedule.
For specifics on new orientation, move-in, 和 WBO schedules visit our Your Questions—Answered page.
- Campus tours for prospective students 已恢复： join a tour, or schedule a visit.
- Taylor Hall, the Mountaineer Field House, 和 Wilderness Pursuits have reopened with limited hours.
- In the University Center, Mad Jack Café 和 the Bookstore are open with limited hours. The upstairs Rare Air Café is reserved for visiting groups.
- Campus buildings remain swipe-access-only for individuals granted access to a particular facility, though accesses will be reconsidered as we approach the start of the schoolyear.
- Masks and social distancing are required in all common areas of campus, per State of Colorado 和 Gunnison County Health & Human Services guidelines.
State of Colorado 和 Gunnison County public health orders
Western adheres to state and local Safer At 葡京娱乐app guidelines advocated by Colorado Gov. Jared Polis 和 Gunnison County Public Health Director Joni Reynolds. These guidelines change frequently: refer to the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment 和 Gunnison County Health 和 Human Services pages for most current information.
- 提交 Gunnison County Self-Report Form.
- If symptoms worsen later, call the Gunnison County Health Hotline at 970.641.7660.
- If you are a Western student, complete the Self-Report form at housing.western.edu. If you are a Western faculty or staff member, notify your supervisor.